Downgrade windows 10

Nick0

Feb 6, 2023
I bought a new laptop a Lenovo IdeaPad 1i and it's pretty slow with windows 11. Is it easy to downgrade to windows 10. I remember downgrading my vista to XP back in the day but that was done by the computer shop i bought it from but they're long gone now.
I asked the shop I bought it from and they said to contact lenovo, but they said it's not possible. Can anyone help. Thanks.

I bought a new laptop a Lenovo IdeaPad 1i and it's pretty slow with windows 11. Is it easy to downgrade to windows 10. I remember downgrading my vista to XP back in the day but that was done by the computer shop i bought it from but they're long gone now.
I asked the shop I bought it from and they said to contact lenovo, but they said it's not possible. Can anyone help. Thanks.

Hi @Nick0 - welcome to CF! 👋

It should be possible to downgrade to Windows 10 - it should automatically pick up the licence that's built into the computer.

You'll need an 8GB+ USB Stick and the Windows Media Creation Tool.

Once you have that, start your PC from the USB stick, erase all the existing partitions then click Next in the installer to load Windows 10.

It might be worth creating a recovery disk first if you haven't already, just in case you want to go back to 11.

I will note that unless the machine is quite low end the performance of Windows 10 and Windows 11 is roughly the same, looking at the PC you have it appears to be a netbook model - you may be better off tweaking a few things in 11 to get better performance out of it.

Back