Integrate apple home and ring doorbell

Egle

Nov 12, 2022
Is it possible to integrate ring doorbell to Apple home? I want to connect my doorbell to Apple home which I use for my lights and thermostat

Is it possible to integrate ring doorbell to Apple home? I want to connect my doorbell to Apple home which I use for my lights and thermostat
Hey @Egle - welcome to CF 👋

There is no official integration between Ring and Apple HomeKit.

However you might want to look at using something like Homebridge:

Essentially it takes a bit of setup but it lets you connect your Ring devices to Apple.
If it looks a bit tricky, there's a "slightly easier" version that they ask you to pay for but I believe can be downloaded for free as it's a "pay what you want" kind of deal, called HOOBS:

Out of the two, I would pick Homebridge over HOOBS personally. You'll need something like a Raspberry Pi or a 24/7 PC to run either of these.

If you want to get really advanced you can give HomeAssistant a spin but it might be a bit much if you're new to this kind of thing. HomeAssistant comes with Homebridge built in though.

Let us know how you get on!

Yes, it is possible to integrate Ring Doorbell with Apple HomeKit, although it requires a few extra steps. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. First, make sure that you have a Ring Doorbell that is compatible with Apple HomeKit. Currently, only the Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Ring Video Doorbell Elite are compatible.
  2. Download the Ring app on your smartphone and connect your Ring Doorbell to your Wi-Fi network.
  3. Download the Home app on your iPhone or iPad and set up your HomeKit home if you haven't already.
  4. Open the Ring app and navigate to the Ring Doorbell device that you want to integrate with HomeKit.
  5. Tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner to access the settings for that device.
  6. Scroll down to the "HomeKit" section and tap "Set up HomeKit".
  7. Follow the prompts in the Ring app to scan the HomeKit setup code that is displayed on your Ring Doorbell.
  8. Once your Ring Doorbell is successfully added to HomeKit, you can use the Home app to create automations and control your Ring Doorbell alongside your other HomeKit devices.
Note that although Ring Doorbell is compatible with Apple HomeKit, not all features of the Ring Doorbell may be available within the Home app.

Back