Smart home

A

anon62974592

whats the best way to get started with smart home, a couple of my friends have lights they turn on / off with thier phone. what do i need to buy to do this

You’ve got lots of options!

if you just want to flick a few lights on and off remotely, look at lifx wifi bulbs.

if you want a more complete system or if you’re going to do your entire house… consider a system like Philips Hue.

of course there are so many more smart products such as smart doorbells, locks, alarm systems… and you can tie it all together using something such as IFTTT or Home Assistant.

Last edited:
Axial has offered some good suggestions here! It all comes down to how much, or how little you want to automate. You can have one or two devices or go all - in. The easiest way to do it is probably to go for wifi based devices, as it saves having various hubs and things lying around!

If you go for the smart home I would say either Google home or Amazon’s Elexa is probably the best ones to use.

Yes you would need certain kind of light bulbs to work with the smart device that you choose to use. You might want to google for your research and call tech stores that offer these services and see what they say.

Back