Please treat this site as if it were a public space. This is a shared resource for support, discussion, advice and knowledge sharing.
To help keep the site pleasant for everyone to use, we have these community guidelines in place. These rules apply to both publically visible forum threads and posts and any private messages sent to other members.
We want to run a forum with high quality advice rather than me too posts – if you are posting a reply, ask yourself if it adds to the conversation or is helpful to others.
From time to time you may disagree with someone elses opinion. There’s nothing wrong with that but remember that you are disagreeing with the idea, not the poster so please refrain from
- Heated reactions
- Name calling
Every single member is important and your participation is valued. Use all of the forums features such as liking posts and marking as solved as this really helps make sure other members are rewarded from their contributions and allows us to highlight the best content on our boards.
Our forum staff are here if you see anything that doesn’t look right. If you feel a post is hurting the conversation or another member or appears to be spam, please use the report tools so we can take swift action.
Your post may be edited or deleted if it does not meet the community guidelines or further action may be taken where required
Please note that the forum staff do not take any responsibility for any posts on this forum that are either left visible or removed.
Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:
- Be nice. Don’t make any posts that a reasonable person would consider abusive, hate speech or offensive.
- This forums is not the place for any adult themes, violence or gore, or any kind of sexually explicit material.
- Have respect - don’t grief or harass others, do not attempt to ‘dox’ or track down other members outside of this forum and do not post any personally identifiable information - either your own or that of others.
- Do not post any spam, junk or advertising posts and do not make these posts attempting to disguise them as legitimate discussion.
- Do not create multiple ‘sockpuppet’ accounts.
These terms are flexible and are applied in context with the conversation. Forum staff always have the final say on how to moderate posts.
To help others find things that might be useful to them, please try to use the correct category for any new topics.
To agree with a post, rather than posing ‘me too’ or +1 consider using the like button instead.
Do not post anything that doesn’t belong to you - don’t steal images, videos or software and claim these as your own and do not link to or upload copyrighted material.
Linking to software downloads is monitored and while this may be required in the context of our computer and technology forums, these links should be from verified publishers or Github - all links are reviewed by the forum staff.