How to fix blue screen error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH on windows 10?

I keep getting blue screens usually every few hours, the message says

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

I havent been able to get the rest of the details on the screen but I get a blue screen with unhappy face and my laptop restarts

I have tried scanning with avast but this has not picked anything up, is there anything else I can try before i throw it out of the window!

Hello and welcome.

Doing a bit of research online shows that this might be down to a print driver problem.

Do you use a printer with your computer?

Apparently Microsoft is releasing a patch for this issue which should be out today - so it might be worth scanning for Windows updates and installing them as the easiest fix?

Thanks, yes I do have a printer

I will try doing windows updates tonight and let you know how i get on

Looking forward to hear if this manages to sort it. If it doesn’t I have found a couple of other things to try.

Seems to be all good so far but sometimes it can take a day or two for a crash, i will monitor over the weekend and provide an update

Okay so been a couple of days since running the updates and no crashes, thanks for your help

Glad you managed to get it resolved. Thanks for letting us know it was resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.