Arcades

OffTheCrossBar

Aug 30, 2020
Does your city/town still have arcade centres? I know they are a dying breed (such a shame) Here we only really have them in movie theatres or sports bars.

Having grown up in a seaside town when I go to visit there are still lots of arcades but they are getting a little bit worn around the edges and in need of a bit of love. Where I live now they are few and far between - mostly a few machines at bowling alleys etc, and the odd machine here and there in pubs though they mostly have fruit machines or other types of gambling machines.

Of course with the current pandemic I expect they might sadly become even more rare and I think the magic of playing with friends and meeting new people might be lost on younger generations!

Its without a doubt a fact that arcades are becoming more and more of a dying breed. This is partly just the course that new console and pc centered games have. Honestly there are a few places in my area that still have arcades that keep the spirit of the whole experience alive.

But then again even some of them are also switching to a more gaming center style of operations as well. :cry:

Back