Are cloud security devices relialbe

swinco

Jul 5, 2021
Are cloud devices like the Ring Alarm and cameras reliable. Thinking of getting these as my neighborhood has taken a dive recently but want to know if these are worth getting or if I should pay for a professional system.

Hey @swinco - Welcome to Computer Forums! 👋

I would say that they are pretty reliable, but if you are looking for absolute assurance that it will work 100% of the time a proper security system might be better.

I don’t have the Ring alarm but I have used their doorbells for a while and they definately miss the odd event, and every now and again the wifi fails despite me having a booster virtually next to my front door. For a bit of extra peace of mind and seeing who rings the bell it works great, but if I had higher security concerns I’d seriously consider going for a wired system - wired will always be much more reliable than anything that works over wifi.

More than once also Ring’s systems have gone down leaving me without a functioning doorbell so I would be a bit hesitant on an alarm system personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there! I've been using cloud devices like Ring Alarm and cameras for a while now, and they've been pretty reliable for me. They offer decent security without the hassle of a professional system. But it really depends on your needs and budget. Do some research, maybe even try out a demo, if possible, to see if they're the right fit for you. For more cloud solutions, check out the microsoft gold partner. Good luck!

Last edited:
There's value in considering cloud-based security devices like Ring cameras and alarms. They offer a convenient and often affordable way to boost your home security. But keep in mind the long-term reliability esp taking care of security vulnerabilities as most are based in the cloud. Making sure they use strong cloud security services is a key factor.

Back