Camera show looking up

KAT

Jan 26, 2022
AIO 730S-24IKB All-in-One (ideacenter) - Type F0DY S1015XMN. i HAVE THIS ALL IN ONE COMPUTER AND WHEN ON A ZOOM CALL (WHICH HAS ONLY EEN A FEW TIMES) IT SHOWS ME LOOKING UP AT THE TOP OF THE MONITOR WHEN I AM Looking STRAIGHT AHEAD. THE CAMERA IS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE MONITOR. WHAT COULD BE WRONG. PEOPLE THINK I AM WATCHING ZOOM ON A TV MOUNTED TO THE WALL SINCE I LOOK LIKE I AM LOOKING WAY UP

Hello, welcome to CF.

This is a bit of an issue for bottom mounted cameras, the angle is never going to be quite right. Some can be moved up and down to adjust but otherwise you will have to try and change the way you’re using the machine for video calls or perhaps pick up a separate webcam - they’re pretty cheap - and put it on top of the screen for a more natural angle.

Thank you. That is what Lenova said too buy a top mounted camera. I thought really, you make a computer and then tell people to buy a top mounted camera. That is not very good on their part. But thanks again.

View attachment 415

Last edited:
Yeah I must admit I’m not a fan of bottom mounted cameras on laptops for the exact reasons you mention, well not a fan of cameras on laptops in general I prefer a webcam that can be physically unplugged when not in use!

The simplest solution is to not worry about it. So what if it looks like you’re looking at the top of the monitor instead of straight ahead?

If it bothers you a lot, buy a top mounted camera, otherwise don’t worry about it.

At the time of purchase I didn’t even think I would be using one. And figured if I did need it there would not be a problem. Now I use my old Chromebook and I mean pretty old. Should have bought a laptop. Never thought this would be such a horrible problem when I started to use.

View attachment 416

Last edited:
LOL but everyone was making comments because they said I was watching TV or totally doing something else during the call. It is very obvious looking way up. Why would anyone make it like that???

May look into another camera. You buy something and spend allot of money and then this is what it gives you?

View attachment 415

Last edited:
If you are using it for work purposes, tell your employer to supply you with a proper camera. If this is for personal use, again, don’t fret about it, the world won’t come to and end.

WHEN YOU SPEND ALLOT OF MONEY ON A SYSTEM, IT SHOULDN’T DO THIS AND SHOULDN’T BE BUYING AN ADDITIONAL ITEM TO MAKE IT USABLE.

View attachment 419

Last edited:
What can we do about it? People in this forum have given you their input, there’s not much else we can do. Hope you like the system other than the camera.

Back