How do I block sites from appearing in my search results?

Ben

Mar 19, 2023
Does anybody know how I can block certain websites from appearing in my search results?

I've tried uBlackList and Content Farm Terminator but neither one will block ALL websites I enter from showing up in my results. They both block Amazon and Alibaba, but will not block splcenterDOTorg.

ANY help is greatly appreciated.

Hi @Ben, welcome to CF

Just to clarify - are you looking to block the site from appearing in search results i.e on a Google results page, or access to the site?

Blocking access to the site is usually the easiest approach to take.

You can also customise your search results when searching to exclude a site using the negative operator -

For example, the following query:

spl center -splcenter.org

Will retrieve results matching spl center but exclude ALL from the domain splcenter.org.

Hi @Ben, welcome to CF

Just to clarify - are you looking to block the site from appearing in search results i.e on a Google results page, or access to the site?

Blocking access to the site is usually the easiest approach to take.

You can also customise your search results when searching to exclude a site using the negative operator -

For example, the following query:

spl center -splcenter.org

Will retrieve results matching spl center but exclude ALL from the domain splcenter.org.
Thank you :D

Actually it looks like the issue sorted itself out when I restarted my browser so it's all good now.

Back