How do I create a website?

emmabakes

Jan 7, 2021
Hey all

Happy new year!!

I have been developing a business over the past 6 months or so selling custom cakes and it’s been going well. I am pretty good with Instagram and Facebook and get plenty of sales this way but I feel now is the time to get a proper website. Only thing is I have no idea where to start! I have seen things like Wix and it looks sort of complex - is it easy to use?

I mostly just want to have a gallery of my work and a contact page, nothing too fancy.

Thanks in advance! 😃

Hey, welcome to Computer Forums 🙂

If you’re not looking for anything too fancy, something like https://www.squarespace.com/ might be just the ticket as they give you templates you can customise. However they can be quite pricey.

Google offer a similar service, where you just pay for the domain name (that’s the .com/.net/.co.uk/.biz bit i.e this site’s domain is computerforums.net)

This can be found here:

If all else fails consider getting a web designer though this can be very expensive and if you’re doing social media already, a page builder would hopefully be not too much of a step up 🙂

A website is a virtual space where you can share your unique content. It allows you to build an online presence and attract potential customers from all over the globe. To create a website, there are a few different steps that need to be taken.
The first step is choosing a platform – either WordPress or Drupal – and then creating your site's layout using HTML & CSS. Add any necessary images, videos, and templates for social media posts or e-commerce pages. And finally, Launch Your Site. There are many marketing strategies that you can employ once your site is live such as guest blogging, SEO copywriting, paid advertisement campaigns, etc.

Back