How to get rid of "Sign In" prompt in MS Office?

Why don’t you just ignore it? As far as I recall, you only need to sign in to be able to store your documents in OneDrive.

Hi @multivariable - welcome to CF 👋

What licence do you have for Office? If it’s 365 you need to be signed in; if it’s 2019 then it’s optional.

If you use windows 10 with a Microsoft account you can sign in with the same details.

If it blended in with the background I would. They made it contrast with the rest of the ribbon. Maybe it’s just me, but I find it irritating.

Hello! I have 2019. The problem is not with signing in. The problem is with the tab “Sign In” at the top of the document. I want it to disappear.

As mentioned do you have a Microsoft account? Even with 2019 it will prompt you to sign in, if you have a MS account signing in will just cause it to display your name there instead.

I do have an MS account. The thing is I don’t want it to display my name. I want it the way it used to be with MS 2010-just empty. But it seems it’s no longer possible. I hate this merging of MS products and the outlook.

Sadly I think the only answer is going to be either to sign in: it is slightly less intrusive on the username to have a name displayed, or revert back to an older version of the software which might cause issues licencing wise + obviously you miss out on the later features.

Back