How to manage data with MySQL online?

judeLaw

Aug 26, 2020
Hi guys!

I am looking for a solution in order to manage data online. I am no computer expert so I hope finding help here.

My project does not have many data yet and we want to gain insights from the data in the future. Tought about using MySQL as a SQL database because it is relational and maybe also easier for beginners. And because I have not much experience with that I am searching for solutions to manage the data. For me it is important that the data does not have redundances and is saved by backups. So if there is a failure it can be recovered easily.

Is there a tool or something for managing data with MySQL online? It should be easy for beginners.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
phpMyAdmin is probably a good shout if you’re running PHP and a web serveron your MySQL machine:

This certainly looks interesting, but probably entirely overboard in terms of complexity and cost for any smaller scale / home use stuff. Probably has a place in business use though.

So if you’re using php it’s probably for the best if you simply use some freeware from the internet. Me personally i rarely run things via my own servers anymore. Lately I’ve discovered a new found love for working with clouds. I know of course that thats just another server, but it feels relaxing if you don’t have to put up with server maintenance… I can really recommend a provider that lets you deploy a fully fledged SQL database in the cloud space of your choice. To set all of this up by hand is such a waste of time if you could have saved so much of your time with one of these providers. There may be a couple of them but the one I trust the most is Aiven for the MySQL database. I’ve used their software for a couple of years and form customer experience to customer service it has always been a smooth and pleasant journey.

Yes clouds might be the way to go these days especially if someone is not strong in the area of maintenance and upkeeps of running a website. This is good advice from you!

To manage data with MySQL online, you will need to follow these steps:
  1. First, you must sign up for a MySQL database hosting service. Some popular MySQL hosting providers include Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Microsoft Azure.
  2. You have signed up for a hosting service and set up your MySQL database; you can access it using a MySQL client tool such as MySQL Workbench or the command-line MySQL client.
  3. To connect to your MySQL database from a client tool, you will need to provide the hostname or IP address of the server where your database is hosted, as well as your username and password.
  4. Once connected to the database, you can use SQL commands to create tables, insert data into tables, update data in tables, and delete data from tables.
  5. You can also use the client tool to manage users and permissions, create backups, and perform other administrative tasks.
  6. It is essential to keep your database and data secure by using strong passwords, regularly updating your software, and using secure connection protocols such as SSL.

Back