How to Sync Time from Another Computer

Krishank652

Dec 11, 2021
Hello All,

I have two computer. I am recording Trend and Alarm data in these computer but after some time (approx. every week) I found that time was different in both computer. 20 sec to 25 sec time difference are came. Due to this issue Trend and Alarm data is not usefull for correlation between both.

I want to sync date and time from one computer to second computer through USB cable.
I have a cable that have both side USB Male connector. So that I can connect both computer through USB.

Help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Hey @Krishank652, welcome to CF! 👋

I’m not entirely sure if it’s possible to do this between 2 machines with a USB cable and if it is it’s probably not the easiest way.

If both machines are connected to the internet I’d suggest just using NetTime that does a better job of keeping the clock synced than the built in Windows NTP client. It’s an older bit of software but still works fine.

If neither machine has internet, you could perhaps set up a peer network between the two machines and use a NTP server on one and NetTime as a client on the other.

If you’re not using Windows there are similar tools for other OSes.

Hope that helps, let us know how you get on.

You can synchronize computer time by running the command net time \\HOSTNAME /SET /YES Mar 16, 2022•Knowledge
  1. I want to synchronize 2 computers' clocks.
  2. Start > Run > net time \\HOSTNAME /SET /YES. where HOSTNAME is the host name of the other computer.

Hope this helps :)

Back