Mouse and keyboard freeze together

Vel

Apr 18, 2021
My mouse and keyboard freeze together while working. I do work from home, and I thought that this could be of overheating. So, I kept seperate fan for cpu since we don’t have AC. It did not happen for some days. Again it is happening now even after providing cooling fan. Please, suggest me any quick ideas to resolve this immediately. Thanks in advance

Hello,

Welcome to Computer Forums 👋

That does sound like an annoying problem!

To help narrow down what the issue might be would you be able to answer the following?

What sort of device are you using, is it a laptop or a desktop?

Is this is an issue that has developed recently?

Do the mouse and keyboard start responding again on their own or do you have to reboot the machine to be able to work again?

Hi Root,

Firstly, Sorry for late reply. This did not happen for some time. But, now its occurring again.
Yes,This is very irritating problem.
I am using Desktop with OS Windows 10 Pro.
Its happening often for 3 months. After input devices stuck, i could not shut down properly. So, i have to switch off power supply directly, even button in CPU is not working at the time.
Kindly tell me possible solutions.

It does indeed sound like the whole system is freezing.

There’s a couple of things you can do. Ideally you want to see if it’s being caused by software or hardware.

I would try the following things, in the following order:

Run DISM & SFC check
You can find an in depth set of instructions here but I will boil it down to two commands:
Right click Start menu and select Windows PowerShell (Admin)
  1. Run the command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
  2. Once this completes, run this command:
    sfc /scannow
See how you get on with this. If it doesn’t work consider running a memtest86. The free version is fine.

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
Back