PC running very slow

hareen

Jan 13, 2023
Hey everyone, I hope you're doing well. I've been having an issue with my PC lately where it's been running very slow and it's making it hard to get anything done. I've tried clearing out my cache and uninstalling some programs I don't need but it hasn't helped much. Has anyone else been having this problem or know how to fix it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi @hareen, welcome to CF!

First thing to check is whether you have installed any new software recently? These days, generally speaking, Windows (assuming you're running Windows) doesn't slow down over time like it used to seem to do.

Might also be worth checking you're up to date with your updates - we've had Patch Tuesday this week, if Windows is installing these in the background you may find your system is a bit less responsive.

Hi @hareen, welcome to CF!

First thing to check is whether you have installed any new software recently? These days, generally speaking, Windows (assuming you're running Windows) doesn't slow down over time like it used to seem to do.

Might also be worth checking you're up to date with your updates - we've had Patch Tuesday this week, if Windows is installing these in the background you may find your system is a bit less responsive.
Thanks for the welcome! I'll definitely check if i've installed any new software recently, cause that might be the problem, can't think of anything specific but always trying out new programs. And yeah, I made sure my system is up to date with the latest updates and patches, but I'll double check again. I've noticed my system is a bit less responsive lately. I'll run a system scan too to see if there's any malware or other issues that could be causing it. Thanks for the help, I'll keep you updated.

Back