Problem With 2 monitor on xfx rx580 8GB

SeniorSpirit

Mar 14, 2023
hi
i have xfx rx580 8GB, h610m-k, core i3-12100f

and i have 2 monitor with vga output so i bought one hdmi->vga and dvi-d->vga cables
if i plug my second monitor both monitor show desktop for 1 second then my primary display goes blank and my second monitor goes check signal cable
then i have to restart my computer and unplug second monitor.
When the system is completely turned on amd shows this error to me and i have to reinstall my driver to fix it.
windows update is disabled

untitled-png.287738

Hi @SeniorSpirit , welcome to CF.

My first thought would be to check the resolution is correct - it might be worth setting it to a low safe resolution on both monitors such as 1024x768 and increase it or set it to the native resolution if you know it.

The graphics driver may also be part of the issue here - it might be worth downloading the latest version from AMD:

Hi @SeniorSpirit , welcome to CF.

My first thought would be to check the resolution is correct - it might be worth setting it to a low safe resolution on both monitors such as 1024x768 and increase it or set it to the native resolution if you know it.

The graphics driver may also be part of the issue here - it might be worth downloading the latest version from AMD:

i found that my amd driver crashed after plug in second monitor. im on latest driver update

i found that my amd driver crashed after plug in second monitor. im on latest driver update
In this case, I'd potentially suggest completely removing the driver from the system, and uninstalling the video card from within Device Manager (right click - uninstall and select to remove the driver if you get that option.)

Reboot the system.

Then reinstall the latest AMD driver and try once more.

I have same card, same case 2 adapters one for hdmi one for dvi. And same outcome. @SeniorSpirit Have you been able to fix it?
It might be worth completely removing the driver - sadly we haven't had any feedback from @SeniorSpirit of the outcome.

I have come across a similar issue recently which was (somehow) solved by completely resetting the BIOS settings on the machine - might be worth trying that too.

Back