Samsung np300e4c with Ubuntu frozen when start

FSalOrt

Jul 28, 2022
Hi friends!
I'm new in this forum.
My issue is the next:
I have a laptop Samsung np300e4c with Ubuntu 20.04lts and i installed qiime2 and rstudio (for my job), then when I turn on the PC, it showed me the following:

Couldn't parse dbx signatures: -74

So, in order to fix the problem, I restarted by default BIOS settings, but now y turn on the PC and only shows the screen with Samsung icon and it does not charge the operative system.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

friends!
I'm new in this forum.
My issue is the next:
I have a laptop Samsung np300e4c with Ubuntu 20.04lts and i installed qiime2 and rstudio (for my job), then when I turn on the PC, it showed me the following:

Couldn't parse dbx signatures: -74

So, in order to fix the problem, I restarted by default BIOS settings, but now y turn on the PC and only shows the screen with Samsung icon and it does not charge the operative system.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Hello and welcome to Computer Forums

The first thing I would check is if the machine is able to boot from a USB drive still. If so it should mean there’s no issue with the BIOS settings that’s stopping Ubuntu from booting. If you don’t have any data that you need to save it might even be worth reinstalling Ubuntu at this stage if you are otherwise unable to resolve the issue.

You might want to see if it’s possible to disable ’quiet boot’ so you can see exactly which step the system is getting hung up on.

Try repeatedly pressing F2 while starting the system up instead of just holding it.

I'm pretty sure your on the right track with F2, but if you don't see that on screen please check your laptop manual.

Back