• Computer Forums is where you'll find free PC help, tech support & discussion of technology.

From Windows errors to which smartphone to buy, home automation to internet connections, we're here for you.

Registration is quick, easy and entirely free, and lets you post your computer questions, receive answers from experts and fully take part in our site.

Ready to jump in? Register now

Website Refresh

Sorry I’ve been largely absent for a while, returning to the office has taken it’s toll on me.

The old look was starting to look a bit dated and while I much prefer a traditional forum layout with minimum images and text I’m working on a refreshed look for the site, starting with the skin and forum layout aimed perhaps to those that are less accustomed to posting on forums.

The new theme may be enabled by default, if you wish to switch back to the classic look or just prefer a simple minimal interface you can switch at:-
https://computerforums.net/my/preferences/interface
Look for ‘Computer Forums Classic’

Though the site has had a few periods of relative inactivity recently I remain committed to keeping Computer Forums:
  • privately owned & operated and not for sale to a faceless forum group
  • running on a secure & modern software platform
  • free of advertising
  • free of untrustworthy trackers i.e Google Analytics
  • an unbiased and completely free place for computer discussion and support

strollin

Refresh gives the forum a modern look. A little different than most forums but differences are what make the world go 'round!

root

Administrator
Staff member
Whoops… forgot to manaully renew the SSL cert for about a week. Might move us to more traditional fourm software as Discourse involves some fairly heavy maintenence (and will cost me less in the long run in server hosting fees hopefully)

root

Administrator
Staff member
Whoops… forgot to manaully renew the SSL cert for about a week. Might move us to more traditional fourm software as Discourse involves some fairly heavy maintenence (and will cost me less in the long run in server hosting fees hopefully)
Yup, we have moved to Xenforo! Filled an afternoon for me…

root

Administrator
Staff member
So far things seem stable on the new software. Somehow seems faster than Discourse was.

I'll look into improving the theme / look and feel a bit as time allows.