What is a hardware router?

John

Jan 25, 2020
What is a hardware router? I have no idea what a hardware router is what is a router in general? What is no-IP?

A hardware router would be a physical box that you connect stuff to, i.e your modem and switches. For consumer level devices they normally include the wifi aspect and some even combine the modem…

No-IP is a service that lets you set your dynamic IP address to a static hostname, only really of use if you are running a server such as IP cameras or a web server from home…

Yes a hardware router helps to receive and connect things together. I have one that connects to my modem and switches that I need a bunch of things to be hooked up to.

Last edited:
A hardware router is a device that connects to the internet and allows multiple devices on a local network to connect to the internet. It functions as a gateway between the local network and the internet, routing traffic between the two and providing a connection for devices such as computers, smartphones, and tablets. The router typically includes a built-in firewall to help protect the devices on the local network from malicious traffic.

Back