• Computer Forums is where you'll find free PC help, tech support & discussion of technology.

From Windows errors to which smartphone to buy, home automation to internet connections, we're here for you.

Registration is quick, easy and entirely free, and lets you post your computer questions, receive answers from experts and fully take part in our site.

Ready to jump in? Register now

What's the oldest tech you have?

Philtrum

I’m sure most of you here want the latest and greatest technology but after recently replacing our 25(!) year old washing machine, I was wondering if anyone has any old technology still in regular use in their household?

strollin

I used to have a collection of original IBM PCs (PC, AT, PCjr, etc…) but divested myself of the collection because they took up too much space.

Nowadays, the only old tech I still have that gets regular use is a couple of IBM Model M keyboards built in 1986 & 1987.

root

Administrator
Staff member
What a great question!

I’ve only really got a few older things - a SNES and several games and controllers that still works as far as I know… if only I could find the power adapter for it.

I’ve also got a couple of small kitchen gadgets like an electric tin opener that is ancient.

My favourite is probably my landline phone, with a bell ringer and rotary dial. It’s been a labour of love to restore and get working on the modern phone network but it is fully operational!