Which cheap laptop

A

anon39484906

hi

im looking for a cheap laptop that i can take away with me

im looking at a few options. one is ASUS VivoBook E203 11.6in Celeron 4GB 64GB Cloudbook which is available very cheap currently.or maybe Acer Aspire 1 11in Celeron 2GB 32GB Cloudbook
i have also found HP 11.6 Inch Celeron 4GB 16GB Chromebook - Grey

all of these are more oor less the same price, which one should i go for? ive seen chrome books advertised and what is the different to windows which i am used to

thanks
norm

The ‘cloudbooks’ are essentially low end laptops. They are fine for browsing and Microsoft Office work but not much else. What are you planning to do with the laptop?

A Chromebook will probably give you more performance for the price but you are a bit more limited with what you can do with it. When you say you are going travelling will you be away from an internet connection?

Hi @ normanfinny3ivs! Welcome to ComputerForums.net 🙂
As PC User has said you might want to consider whether you need ‘offline’ capabilities - if not I would stick to the Windows machines.

Of the two you have listed, the Asus VivoBook E203 will offer better performance - it has twice the RAM and a better CPU, and twice the storage too. Windows can be a pain to update on 32GB machines - the 64GB should be ample enough for the sort of software one would use on these machines, and give you room to do 1) updates and 2) store a few files.

Otherwise - if you’re going to be online wherever you go, a Chromebook is a solid choice. They will almost always beat any Windows machine at this end of the market in terms of performance at the cost of less flexibility with the software you can run. Battery life tends to be excellent too.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for the late reply went for the asus in the end and its served me well

though trying to get the latest windows 10 update is a pain

please see my other topic cheers

Back