Android Tablet Samsung A6

Stationmaster

Jan 1, 2022
My otherwise excellent tablet, now around 4 years old, has started flashing up a message every minute or two saying "Google Has Stopped - please send feedback", even though Google itself isn't running, and nor is any other app! Turning off all notifications in the app settings makes no difference. I've sent feedback a few times but that doesn't make any difference either.

Has anyone out there got any ideas - or after four years is the device just on the way out????

Solution
I really appreciate the fast response to my query! The tablet is fully up to date with software patches, and I've cleared the caches from every Google app, but I'm still getting the message.
In which case it sounds like you have tried just about everything I would do.

One final suggestion would be to try signing out of the Google account that’s associated with the tablet, restarting then signing back in.

If all else fails - I expect a factory reset will bring it back to working order. You should be able to back it up to the cloud but you may find the fault comes back when you restore it so you may need to reset once more and start from scratch. Annoying and time consuming, but cheaper than a new tablet!
Sounds like something's a bit unhappy on the tablet - the good news is I expect this can be fixed.

First thing I'd do is open the Play store and check for updates
Also worth going into the device settings and seeing if there is a software update available for Android.
Final step to try would be to reset the app's caches - this page has nice, clear instructions:

I really appreciate the fast response to my query! The tablet is fully up to date with software patches, and I've cleared the caches from every Google app, but I'm still getting the message.

In which case it sounds like you have tried just about everything I would do.

One final suggestion would be to try signing out of the Google account that’s associated with the tablet, restarting then signing back in.

If all else fails - I expect a factory reset will bring it back to working order. You should be able to back it up to the cloud but you may find the fault comes back when you restore it so you may need to reset once more and start from scratch. Annoying and time consuming, but cheaper than a new tablet!

Solution
Back