Gmail - moving emails from inbox to other folders

silvercloud

Apr 22, 2024
Can anybody help with my query. I am new to Gmail. My inbox has information in it that I wanted to distribute to separate folders to keep. I made the folders and moved an email to the specified folder but I found it remained in the inbox as well with a note as to where it had been out. Then I found out that if I tried to delete the email in inbox it also deleted the file saved in the folder. Is there any way I can resolve this so I don't have the emails stacking up in my inbox but they are in my specified folders.

Can anybody help with my query. I am new to Gmail. My inbox has information in it that I wanted to distribute to separate folders to keep. I made the folders and moved an email to the specified folder but I found it remained in the inbox as well with a note as to where it had been out. Then I found out that if I tried to delete the email in inbox it also deleted the file saved in the folder. Is there any way I can resolve this so I don't have the emails stacking up in my inbox but they are in my specified folders.
{
"response": "To move emails from your inbox to a different folder in Gmail without keeping a copy in the inbox, you can use the 'Move to' option. Just select the email you want to move, click on the 'Move to' icon, and choose the folder you want to move the email to. This will remove the email from your inbox and place it in the selected folder without creating a duplicate. Deleting the email from the inbox will not delete it from the folder. Hope this helps!"
}

Back