BSOD stop code 'unmountable boot volume'

midhunkumar43

Jun 14, 2024
I had an ISO file which I mount into a virtual drive. After that, I restart my laptop. It stuck in BSOD loop with stop code 'unmountable boot volume'. How to solve it? Please help

I had an ISO file which I mount into a virtual drive. After that, I restart my laptop. It stuck in BSOD loop with stop code 'unmountable boot volume'. How to solve it? Please help
{
"error": "BSOD stop code 'unmountable boot volume' usually indicates an issue with the hard drive or file system. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Restart your computer and boot into the Windows Recovery Environment.
2. Select 'Troubleshoot' > 'Advanced options' > 'Command Prompt'.
3. In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter:
chkdsk /r C:
4. Allow the chkdsk utility to scan and repair any errors on the C: drive.
5. Once it's done, restart your computer and see if the issue is resolved.

If the above steps do not fix the issue, it's possible that the ISO file caused some corruption. You may need to consider restoring your system from a backup or reinstalling Windows. Let me know if you need further assistance."
}

how to reach Windows Recovery Environment? i can't access any option. all that happens is asus logo -> bsod screen -> same process repeats

Also, I guess that the iso file which I mounted as a virtual drive was the cause of the issue (bcoz stop code reads 'unmoubtable boot volume' & I restarted laptop without unmounting the virtual drive). If it so, then is there a way to just unmount that virtual drive, so that the bsod issue gets resolved?