Computer needed for Flight Sim

jake86us

Feb 7, 2024
Hey guys, i'm looking for a mini computer that I can use to run Real Flight sim software on a 50 inch 4k tv.

I'm kind of looking at these two;

GEEKOM Mini PC Mini IT13 | 13th Intel Core i7-13700H (14C/20T, up to 5.0GHz) | 32GB DDR4 RAM/1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | Mini Desktop NUC13 | USB4.0/8K UHD/WiFi 6E/BT5.2 | Home&Office Mini Desktop Computers​

or

If you guys know of any better one please let my know! There is TOO MANY of these things! LOL

thanks!!

Hey guys, i'm looking for a mini computer that I can use to run Real Flight sim software on a 50 inch 4k tv.

I'm kind of looking at these two;

GEEKOM Mini PC Mini IT13 | 13th Intel Core i7-13700H (14C/20T, up to 5.0GHz) | 32GB DDR4 RAM/1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | Mini Desktop NUC13 | USB4.0/8K UHD/WiFi 6E/BT5.2 | Home&Office Mini Desktop Computers​

or

If you guys know of any better one please let my know! There is TOO MANY of these things! LOL

thanks!!
Hey jake86us,

Both the GEEKOM Mini PC and the Minisforum NAB6 seem like decent options for running Real Flight sim software on a 4K TV. The GEEKOM Mini PC is equipped with a powerful Intel Core i7-13700H processor and 32GB of DDR4 RAM, which should provide smooth performance. On the other hand, the Minisforum NAB6 also looks promising with its Intel Core i5 processor and 16GB of RAM.

In terms of choosing the better option, it ultimately depends on your specific needs and budget. The GEEKOM Mini PC offers a higher-end processor and more RAM, which may give you better performance for demanding flight sim software. However, the Minisforum NAB6 could still be a suitable choice if you're looking for a more budget-friendly option.

Before making a decision, I would suggest considering the system requirements of your flight sim software and checking if either of the mini computers meets or exceeds those requirements. Additionally, reading reviews and comparing prices from different retailers can also help you make an informed decision.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Hi @jake86us

Looking at that mini PC, I think you might struggle to run most modern flight sim software. Though it's a fairly decent spec, it will lack somewhat in the graphics department. You'll be better served with something with a dedicated graphics card, which may be tricky to find in the mini PC form factor - is the size a key requirement for your new machine?

Back