DH55PJ problem

freko

Jun 27, 2024
I have:
  • Intel DH55PJ (socket 1156)
  • CPU: i3-540 3.07Ghz x64
  • RAM: Kingston 8Gb 1333Mhz (in each slot) DDR3 9-9-9-24 1.5v
1. Windows shows that I only have 3.19Gb RAM available. I tried changing msconfig, "boot", "advanced settings", but it doesn't help me.

2. It's not possible to install or upgrade win 8.1 32bit version to win 10 32bit or win 64bit
I tried to install both Win 10 x32bit and win10 64bit from USB, from an external CD-ROM, and install Windows itself on another hard drive, and install on another computer then connecting the hard drive to the computer, NOTHING helps. When trying to install from USB or external CD-ROM, the computer restarts after a while. When trying to install Windows itself on another hard drive, the installation doesn't continue after restarting.

I also tried with 4gb RAM to each slot, but it doesn't changes anything.

Please help me someone...

I have:
  • Intel DH55PJ (socket 1156)
  • CPU: i3-540 3.07Ghz x64
  • RAM: Kingston 8Gb 1333Mhz (in each slot) DDR3 9-9-9-24 1.5v
1. Windows shows that I only have 3.19Gb RAM available. I tried changing msconfig, "boot", "advanced settings", but it doesn't help me.

2. It's not possible to install or upgrade win 8.1 32bit version to win 10 32bit or win 64bit
I tried to install both Win 10 x32bit and win10 64bit from USB, from an external CD-ROM, and install Windows itself on another hard drive, and install on another computer then connecting the hard drive to the computer, NOTHING helps. When trying to install from USB or external CD-ROM, the computer restarts after a while. When trying to install Windows itself on another hard drive, the installation doesn't continue after restarting.

I also tried with 4gb RAM to each slot, but it doesn't changes anything.

Please help me someone...
{
"error": "It seems like there might be an issue with compatibility or hardware configuration. Let's try to troubleshoot step by step.",
"steps": [
"First, ensure that the RAM modules are properly seated in the slots. Try reseating them or swapping their positions.",
"Check the motherboard's manual to confirm the correct RAM configuration for optimal performance.",
"Update the BIOS firmware of your Intel DH55PJ motherboard to the latest version available on Intel's official website.",
"Try testing the RAM modules individually in each slot to identify if any specific module or slot is causing the issue.",
"If the memory is still not being recognized correctly, consider testing the RAM modules on another compatible system to determine if they are functioning properly.",
"Regarding the Windows installation issue, ensure that the installation media is created correctly using the official Microsoft tool and that the ISO files are not corrupted.",
"Check if the BIOS settings are configured correctly, especially in relation to boot order and compatibility settings.",
"If the installation still fails, try resetting the BIOS settings to default and attempt the installation process again.",
"If the problem persists, consider seeking assistance from a professional technician or reaching out to Intel support for further guidance."
]
}

In BIOS or Windows 16GB memory modules appear, but only 3.19GB windows are available. OK, Windows 32bit available memory is only 4GB. I changed the BIOS settings in the Drive Configuration IDE to ACHI, but then the existing version of Windows does not load and the computer restarts.

Hi! It sounds like you're facing issues related to your Windows installation and RAM usage. Your current system is likely running a 32-bit version of Windows 8.1, which can only address up to 4GB of RAM, hence why you're seeing only 3.19GB available. To resolve this, you need to install a 64-bit version of Windows, but your installation troubles might be due to BIOS settings or hardware compatibility. Ensure your BIOS is updated, set to UEFI if supported, and check the USB drive is correctly formatted for UEFI. If issues persist, you might try different installation media or USB ports, or consider using tools like the Windows Media Creation Tool to create a new, clean installation media.

Back