Door viewer peephole doorbell without external unit

Sammi1988

Aug 20, 2023
I want to get a peephole doorbell for my apartment as there have been a lot of strange people in and out of my building that I don’t think live here, and I’ve had them knocking on my door on several occasions. But the managing agents specifically do not allow ring doorbells.
Is there a product that isn’t obvious on the outside e.g it just looks like a normal peep hole?

Hi @Sammi1988, welcome to CF.

I am in a remarkably similar situation to you - I had a Ring Door Viewer at a previous address but I can't really have anything like that where I am currently.

I've had a look online, and the only thing I've come across is the Brinno Peephole Camera. It can be set up to look like a normal peephole from outside and you're supposed to hide a seperate motion sensor somewhere which may or may not be easy to do in practicality.

It looks nowhere near as refined as the Ring product but it might be an option. I'm probably going to look further into this myself as it does look like a product I'd consider buying. If you go for it, please come back and let us know your experience!

@Sammi1988
I've bit the bullet and bought one of the Brinno Peephole cameras.

Overall - it's pretty good. There's nowhere sensible for me to hide the motion sensor outside my flat without it being triggered by other people passing and going (I don't want that recorded) so I am just using the knock sensor which is very sensitive.

The interface is a bit clunky and on the one I have there's no wireless link to an app though apparently there is a more premium version that comes with this.

Also worth noting that it doesn't come with a microSD card, and it can only take a max. 32GB Card. I've for now flashed a 64gb card I had spare to 32GB and this works.

Back