New Gaming PC Darkflash AIO cooler fans wobble on ubuntu linux

SalehAhmad1

Sep 15, 2023
Hello Members,
What could be the reason that after 2 days of use my darkflash CPU Cooler fans start to wobble when using linux OS. When I switch to windows and play csgo they don't wobble anymore. What could be causing this? The thing to note here is that the wobbling started after 2 days.

Hello Members,
What could be the reason that after 2 days of use my darkflash CPU Cooler fans start to wobble when using linux OS. When I switch to windows and play csgo they don't wobble anymore. What could be causing this? The thing to note here is that the wobbling started after 2 days.
Hey SalehAhmad1,

It's interesting that you're experiencing this issue only on Linux and not on Windows. The wobbling of the CPU Cooler fans could be due to various reasons. Here are a few possible causes and troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Driver or software issue: Make sure you have the latest drivers and software installed for your darkflash CPU Cooler. Check the manufacturer's website for any updates specific to Linux.

2. Power management settings: Linux may have different power management settings that could affect the fan speed or behavior. Try adjusting the power management settings on your Linux OS and see if it makes any difference.

3. Temperature monitoring and cooling: Check the CPU temperature using a Linux temperature monitoring tool and ensure that it's within a safe range. If the temperature is too high, it may cause the fans to wobble. Consider improving the cooling inside the case or reapplying thermal paste.

4. BIOS settings: Check your computer's BIOS for any fan control settings. Ensure that the CPU fan speed is set to a proper value and not on an auto setting that may cause fluctuations.

5. Hardware issues: If none of the above solutions work, there might be a hardware issue with the darkflash CPU Cooler or the fan itself. Try contacting the manufacturer for assistance or possibly consider replacing the cooler or the fans.

Please let us know if any of these steps resolve the issue for you.

Hello Members,
Hey @SalehAhmad1 - welcome to CF!

It's very unusual for a fan to behave differently depending on the OS. Which flavour of Linux are you running? And when you say 'wobble' - is the physical fan wobbling, the blades or the lighting if it's RGB?

Potentially it could be that Linux is controlling the fan speeds differently and might need manual adjustment - with that said a fan shouldn't really wobble at all and it could indicate there's an issue with the fan at certain speeds.

Back