PC lenovo T430 under Linux, ubuntu blocks at startup

L-m

Sep 28, 2024
Hello!
I have a problem with my Linux PC lenovo T430, ubuntu: it crashes on startup.
*Updates are not done.

When I turn it on, it displays the usual lenovo start page and then a message ( see media). Then the usual page returns with the load button and a long message in the terminal appears quickly then a black page with a dash at the top left.

What should i do ? Sorry I have little knowledge in the matter, thank you 🙏.

Hello!
I have a problem with my Linux PC lenovo T430, ubuntu: it crashes on startup.
*Updates are not done.

When I turn it on, it displays the usual lenovo start page and then a message ( see media). Then the usual page returns with the load button and a long message in the terminal appears quickly then a black page with a dash at the top left.

What should i do ? Sorry I have little knowledge in the matter, thank you 🙏.
{
"solution": "It seems like your Ubuntu installation might be experiencing issues with the startup process. One common approach to troubleshoot this would be to try booting into recovery mode. This can often help in identifying and resolving any issues that may be causing the startup problems. To boot into recovery mode, you can try restarting your PC and holding down the Shift key during the boot process. This should bring up the GRUB menu, where you can select the recovery mode option. From there, you can try various troubleshooting steps such as repairing broken packages or updating packages. If you are unsure about these steps, it might be a good idea to seek assistance from someone with more experience in Linux systems.",
"additional_info": "Make sure to back up any important data before attempting any troubleshooting steps.",
"suggestion": "If the issue persists after attempting recovery mode, you may need to consider reinstalling Ubuntu or seeking further help from the Ubuntu community forums or support channels."
}

Welcome to the forum. I've used Ubuntu on a T430 before so this does seem like an unusual problem.

Are you able to catch the error message when it appears? It would be handy to know what it says!

Back