Problem identifying Bluetooth verstion in Windows 10 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadena

May 20, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am trying to find out my bluetooth version and if it supports Enhanced Data Rate (EDR). I have gone into Device Manager → Bluetooth → Intel (R) Wireless Bluetooth (R) → Advanced Settings. However, the window is completely blank (see screenshot below). I don’t understand the meaning of this. Could someone please explain me what is wrong here and how I can know my Bluetooth version and if it supports EDR ? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 296

Last edited:
Hi there,

Welcome to Computer Forums

The easiest way to check this would be to try snd get the exact model of your Bluetooth chipset. You can then use that to research the exact detailsof what it does and does not support.

In device manager does it give a number or does it just say Intel Bluetooth or similar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi thank you very much for your reply and greeting :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: In Device Manager, under bluetooth, it says just Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R). There is no other indication like Serial No. or so. Do you know of another way to find out ?

This is actually not too easy on Windows, at least not without some sort of 3rd party utility.

You could try Intel Driver and Support Assistant:

If you happen to have a Linux live CD/USB or a Linux partition on your computer you can try the command lspci which should tell you all you need to know. Probably not worth using Linux if you don’t already have it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.