Internet slowdown

PixelPenguin

Dec 20, 2022
Hi everyone,

I've been experiencing really slow internet speeds lately and I'm not sure what the cause is. I haven't made any changes to my setup and my provider says everything looks fine on their end.

I've tried restarting my router and modem, but that hasn't seemed to help. I've also tried using a different device to see if that was the issue, but it still seems slow.

Has anyone else been experiencing slow internet speeds recently? If so, do you have any tips or suggestions for how to fix this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hi @PixelPenguin - welcome to CF.

This could be a few different things, ranging from your ISP slowing down (but not admitting to it) to wifi interference or an issue with the device itself.

Have you tried using a hardwired internet connection at all?
If you run a speedtest, what sort of results are you getting? What results do you usually get?

Hi @PixelPenguin - welcome to CF.

This could be a few different things, ranging from your ISP slowing down (but not admitting to it) to wifi interference or an issue with the device itself.

Have you tried using a hardwired internet connection at all?
If you run a speedtest, what sort of results are you getting? What results do you usually get?
I tried doing a speed test from the modem with a cable, and it was still slow. I have contacted my ISP and they will send a new one, just have to wait for New Year, hopefully this will fix it.

I tried doing a speed test from the modem with a cable, and it was still slow. I have contacted my ISP and they will send a new one, just have to wait for New Year, hopefully this will fix it.
Hopefully they will get it sorted - let us know how you get on!

Hopefully they will get it sorted - let us know how you get on!
So, my provider sent a new router but the connection is still quite slow.

They have now run some further diagnostics and are sending an engineer next week. So turns out it was the line and not my equipment. Thanks for your help, though.

So, my provider sent a new router but the connection is still quite slow.

They have now run some further diagnostics and are sending an engineer next week. So turns out it was the line and not my equipment. Thanks for your help, though.
Did you manage to get this resolved?

Did you manage to get this resolved?
So I had an engineer come and they did something to the lines, my internet is back to usual speed now.

They changed some sockets over in my house as they were pretty old apparently.

Thanks for helping!

Back