Uninstalling apps on one user using Revo Uninstaller

wither

Jul 20, 2023
I am trying to use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall an app, although i only want this app uninstalled on 1 user, so the other user still has access to it. is there a way to do this. simple or complicated. i am using windows 11

Hey @wither, welcome to CF!

In Windows 11, Revo Uninstaller usually uninstalls applications system-wide, affecting all users. If you want to uninstall the app for just one user, you'll need to take a different approach. Unfortunately, there's no straightforward built-in option to achieve this.

To remove the app for only one user, you might have to manually delete the application's files and registry entries associated with that specific user's profile. However this is not for the feint of heart - I probably wouldn’t bother even attempting it.

Depending on the app in question, you might be able to uninstall it totally, and install it just on the user that you want to use it with - some apps offer the option to install for the logged in user but not all do. If it’s a system wide app you may be out of luck. The other alternative might be to install it in the users documents folder rather than c:\Program Files.

Ah okay. Thanks.
Would I be able to copy across the app into the users folder from the program files? Then remove it from the program files or have to fully remove it then reinstall it in the user's files.
or is there another app that could help me do this?

Back