Best printer?

Bonez

Feb 2, 2023
My ancient HP deskjet finally gave up the ghost: what printer is advised for home use these days?

I am thinking of getting another HP but the reviews online are mixed.

I am after basic features, just printing, don't need a fax machine and on any occasion I need to scan I do it in the office. Ideally something not too big as well.

My ancient HP deskjet finally gave up the ghost: what printer is advised for home use these days?

I am thinking of getting another HP but the reviews online are mixed.

I am after basic features, just printing, don't need a fax machine and on any occasion I need to scan I do it in the office. Ideally something not too big as well.

Hi @Bonez - welcome to Computer Forums!

Roughly speaking most home inkjet machines are built to a relatively low standard these days, they're designed to sell you ink rather than print reliably.

Personally I have switched to a laser printer as they're still a bit more robust, but one of these might be a bit large for your needs.

Small lasers exist, especially monochrome ones that just print and nothing else.

If you are after a basic printer most these days will come with the multifunction scan/copy, though they are pretty small.

Do you do a lot of photo printing or is it mostly documents?

The best sublimation printer can vary depending on your specific needs and budget. However, some popular options are the Epson SureColor F570, Sawgrass SG500, and Ricoh SG7100DN. These printers are known for their high-quality printing and efficient performance in sublimation printing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back