How to work with/around BIG file type as pbp file

georgewashington

Apr 8, 2024
Hey, I hope that you are doing well. I recently found NHL 2003 on disc, and bought a USB disc/CD drive to be able to play it (among other games aswell). When I try to download the game, it starts to download the files, but pauses around 80% on a file titled 'audpbpe.big' and essentially 'freezes' once it hits this point. This is located within a pbp file location, but is a BIG file type, both of which I have 0 knowledge on, I'm a simple gamer/tech person, so looking for a fix online only led me to PS1 emulators, which doesn't seem to help my situation. I had no troubles downloading other games such as NHL06 NHL09 and some Nancy Drew games from early 2010s. Is there a way for me to remove this file from downloading or altering this file? - or would this make the game unplayable. Thank you for your help, this was one of my favourite games I've ever played so I really appreciate any help or suggestions! (also there are no digital downloads available). (also I am on windows, sorry if i did not provide enough information)

Attachments

• 1712540051750.png
    1712540051750.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 1
Hey, I hope that you are doing well. I recently found NHL 2003 on disc, and bought a USB disc/CD drive to be able to play it (among other games aswell). When I try to download the game, it starts to download the files, but pauses around 80% on a file titled 'audpbpe.big' and essentially 'freezes' once it hits this point. This is located within a pbp file location, but is a BIG file type, both of which I have 0 knowledge on, I'm a simple gamer/tech person, so looking for a fix online only led me to PS1 emulators, which doesn't seem to help my situation. I had no troubles downloading other games such as NHL06 NHL09 and some Nancy Drew games from early 2010s. Is there a way for me to remove this file from downloading or altering this file? - or would this make the game unplayable. Thank you for your help, this was one of my favourite games I've ever played so I really appreciate any help or suggestions! (also there are no digital downloads available). (also I am on windows, sorry if i did not provide enough information)
{
"error": "Sorry to hear about the issue you're facing with downloading NHL 2003. It seems like the download process gets stuck on a specific file 'audpbpe.big' within a pbp file. To address this problem, you can try the following steps:
- If the download is pausing at 80%, it's possible that the file itself might be corrupted. Try redownloading the game from a different source if possible.
- If you're unable to skip or remove the problematic file during the download process, you can try to extract the contents of the pbp file using a file extraction tool like 7-Zip or WinRAR. Once extracted, see if the 'audpbpe.big' file can be located and possibly deleted.
- Removing or altering game files can potentially make the game unplayable or cause unexpected behavior. It's recommended to make a backup of the original files before attempting any modifications.
- If the issue persists, you may want to seek help from a gaming community or forum dedicated to NHL 2003 specifically, as they might have encountered similar problems and found solutions.
I hope these suggestions help resolve your issue and allow you to enjoy playing NHL 2003 once again. Let me know if you need further assistance or clarification."
}

Hey @georgewashington, welcome to CF

When you say you're trying to download the files from the disk - is this to make a copy of it to run on your PC, or to install the game direct from the disk to your computer?

Back