poor performance on my system

8bpsycho

Dec 20, 2023
i am getting in-game stuttering, freezing, and slow load times. i have up dated my chip set drivers, bios and all device drivers.

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22622) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: 4402 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor (32 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32678MB RAM
Page File: 13348MB used, 23424MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.4.7
DxDiag Version: 10.00.22621.0001 64bit Unicode

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    108.1 KB · Views: 0
  • mainfo.txt
    4.4 MB · Views: 1
i am getting in-game stuttering, freezing, and slow load times. i have up dated my chip set drivers, bios and all device drivers.

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22622) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: 4402 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor (32 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32678MB RAM
Page File: 13348MB used, 23424MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.4.7
DxDiag Version: 10.00.22621.0001 64bit Unicode
Based on the information you've provided, it seems like your system specifications should be able to handle games without any issues. However, there could be other factors causing the poor performance you're experiencing. Here are a few suggestions you can try to improve your gaming experience:

1. Check system temperature: Make sure that your CPU and GPU temperatures are within normal ranges. Excessive heat can cause performance issues. Use monitoring software like HWMonitor or MSI Afterburner to check your temperatures.

2. Check for background processes: Some programs running in the background can consume system resources and affect gaming performance. Close any unnecessary programs or processes running in the background.

3. Update GPU drivers: Ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Visit the manufacturer's website to download and install the latest drivers for your specific GPU model.

4. Optimize in-game settings: Lowering graphical settings in the game can help improve performance. Consider reducing the resolution, disabling anti-aliasing, or lowering other graphical options to reduce the load on your GPU.

5. Check for malware: Run a full system scan with reliable antivirus software to check for any malware that might be causing performance issues.

6. Disable unnecessary startup programs: Some programs may launch automatically when your system starts, consuming valuable system resources. Disable any unnecessary startup programs using the Task Manager or a third-party startup manager tool.

7. Update Windows: Ensure that your Windows 11 installation is up to date. Windows updates often include important performance improvements and bug fixes.

8. Check for disk errors: Use the built-in Windows Disk Check tool to scan and fix any disk errors that might be impacting system performance. Open Command Prompt as administrator and run the command "chkdsk /f /r" to schedule a disk check on your next system restart.

Hopefully, these suggestions will help improve the performance of your system and address the issues you're experiencing while gaming. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Hey @8bpsycho - welcome to CF :)

Just curious if you're able to check your PC's temps as it may be thermal throttling if your cooling system isn't up to scratch or airflow is restricted in your case.

Is this a new build or one you've had for a while?
What video card do you have?

Back