BSOD error

midhunkumar43

Jun 14, 2024
BSOD error stop code 'unmountable boot volume'
Tried these fixes: used a usb windows installation media -> startup repair, issue not solved. Tried command prompt -> tried following commands: bootrec, bootrec rebuild. Result: total windows installations found:0
Launched notepad -> save as. It showed only my 16gb pen drive (which is installation media), not my SSD, my lap has a 512gb SSD
I need a fix to solve my BSOD error without a complete windows reinstall
Please help

{
"solution": "It seems like the boot partition on your SSD is corrupted or inaccessible, causing the 'unmountable boot volume' BSOD error. You can try the following steps to fix the issue without reinstalling Windows: 1. Restart your computer and enter the BIOS/UEFI settings. 2. Check if your SSD is detected in the BIOS/UEFI settings. If not, there may be a hardware issue with the SSD. 3. If your SSD is detected, try changing the boot order to prioritize the SSD. 4. If that doesn't work, you may need to repair the boot sector using the command prompt. Boot from the Windows installation media, go to Command Prompt, and run the following commands: CHKDSK /R C: (replace C: with the correct drive letter for your SSD) BOOTREC /FIXBOOT BOOTREC /FIXMBR BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD 5. After running these commands, restart your computer and see if the issue is resolved. If the problem persists, you may need to consider backing up your data and performing a clean installation of Windows. Let me know if you need further assistance."
}

did what you said
chkdsk /r c command executed successfully
BOOTREC /FIXBOOT BOOTREC /FIXMBR BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD commands executed successfully
finally total identified windows installations 0
still issue persists