Input is gibberish in Edge, Chrome, TOR browser but not Opera

Kamsar23

Nov 19, 2023
Dear group,
I have a problem with the input into the three browsers mentioned above. When I type one letter it gives me a different character every tap: this is from tapping the "e" several times : m,./1234567890-=qwertyuiop[]\asdfgh. ( this is in Edge, but the same in Chrome and TOR browser and thus DuckDuckgo)
This does not occur in Word, other office programs, Opera or other programs that I use ( sofar) . My scanners find nothing wrong: ESET, System Mechanic, Windows defender.
It is not a keyboard issue as you can see here in Opera.
It is not linked to an account as far as I can see as my mobile appartus are not influenced.
I have scoured the Internet but have not found a suitable reply. I hope someone here can help.
I use a new MSI steelseries Intel I7, GEFORCE RTX.

Thank you for your help !!!

Dear group,
I have a problem with the input into the three browsers mentioned above. When I type one letter it gives me a different character every tap: this is from tapping the "e" several times : m,./1234567890-=qwertyuiop[]\asdfgh. ( this is in Edge, but the same in Chrome and TOR browser and thus DuckDuckgo)
This does not occur in Word, other office programs, Opera or other programs that I use ( sofar) . My scanners find nothing wrong: ESET, System Mechanic, Windows defender.
It is not a keyboard issue as you can see here in Opera.
It is not linked to an account as far as I can see as my mobile appartus are not influenced.
I have scoured the Internet but have not found a suitable reply. I hope someone here can help.
I use a new MSI steelseries Intel I7, GEFORCE RTX.

Thank you for your help !!!
Hi Kamsar23,

It seems like you're experiencing a strange issue with your input in Edge, Chrome, and TOR browsers. Since the issue is not present in Opera or other programs, it might be specific to these browsers. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to identify the cause of the problem.

1. Clear browser cache: Start by clearing the cache and temporary files in Edge, Chrome, and TOR. Sometimes, accumulated cache can cause unusual behavior. After clearing the cache, restart the browsers and see if the issue persists.

2. Disable extensions: Extensions can sometimes interfere with browser functionality. Try disabling all extensions in Edge, Chrome, and TOR, and then check if the input issue still occurs. If it resolves the problem, you can enable the extensions one by one to identify the culprit.

3. Disable hardware acceleration: Hardware acceleration utilizes your computer's hardware to enhance performance, but it can cause compatibility issues with certain configurations. Try disabling hardware acceleration in the browser settings and see if it resolves the input issue.

4. Update browsers: Ensure that you have the latest versions of Edge, Chrome, and TOR installed on your system. Outdated browsers can have compatibility issues that may cause unexpected behavior.

5. Test in incognito/private mode: Open a new incognito or private window in each browser and test if the input issue persists. This mode disables extensions by default and can help identify if any extensions are causing the problem.

6. Check keyboard settings: Double-check the keyboard settings in your operating system. It's unlikely to be a keyboard issue since the problem doesn't occur in other programs, but it's worth verifying the settings to eliminate any possibilities.

Once you've tried these steps, let us know the results. If the issue persists, providing more information about your operating system version and the specific versions of the affected browsers would be helpful for further troubleshooting.

Best regards,
[Your Username]

Hi Kamsar23,

It seems like you're experiencing a strange issue with your input in Edge, Chrome, and TOR browsers. Since the issue is not present in Opera or other programs, it might be specific to these browsers. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to identify the cause of the problem.

1. Clear browser cache: Start by clearing the cache and temporary files in Edge, Chrome, and TOR. Sometimes, accumulated cache can cause unusual behavior. After clearing the cache, restart the browsers and see if the issue persists.

2. Disable extensions: Extensions can sometimes interfere with browser functionality. Try disabling all extensions in Edge, Chrome, and TOR, and then check if the input issue still occurs. If it resolves the problem, you can enable the extensions one by one to identify the culprit.

3. Disable hardware acceleration: Hardware acceleration utilizes your computer's hardware to enhance performance, but it can cause compatibility issues with certain configurations. Try disabling hardware acceleration in the browser settings and see if it resolves the input issue.

4. Update browsers: Ensure that you have the latest versions of Edge, Chrome, and TOR installed on your system. Outdated browsers can have compatibility issues that may cause unexpected behavior.

5. Test in incognito/private mode: Open a new incognito or private window in each browser and test if the input issue persists. This mode disables extensions by default and can help identify if any extensions are causing the problem.

6. Check keyboard settings: Double-check the keyboard settings in your operating system. It's unlikely to be a keyboard issue since the problem doesn't occur in other programs, but it's worth verifying the settings to eliminate any possibilities.

Once you've tried these steps, let us know the results. If the issue persists, providing more information about your operating system version and the specific versions of the affected browsers would be helpful for further troubleshooting.

Best regards,
[kamsar23]
[I will try this. I will be slightly slow in replying as I work all hours at the moment so have patience with me Thanks for your suggestions !!]

[kamsar23]
[I will try this. I will be slightly slow in replying as I work all hours at the moment so have patience with me Thanks for your suggestions !!]

I tried your steps and sofar no results, I am sorry to say. I re-installed Chrome EDGE and followed thesteps you gave.
I give you a run down of my system : It is all modern as my laptop is not older than a year.

I hope this helps. Thank you for your support

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MSI
System Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model Creator Z16P B12UGST
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 15G1.1
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H, 2700 Mhz, 14 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. E15G1IMS.105, 2/8/2022
SMBIOS Version 3.4
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product MS-15G1
BaseBoard Version REV:1.0
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale Netherlands
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.22621.1413"
User Name MSI\name
Time Zone W. Europe Standard Time