Which SSD is installed in the primary slot of Dell Inspiron E5570?

Abid

Nov 4, 2022
I recently bought Dell Ispiron E5570. Which has only 250GB SSD installed. It has empty secondary slot of 2.5 SSD. But I am not sure which SSD it has in its primary slot. Is it M.2 or Nvme? Anyone can provide a link where I can see it. I am not opening my laptop cause it will void the warranty. As I bought it used and the seller promised for 2 months warranty.
So I want to make sure which ssd to go for then I'll open the laptop.

#Dell_Inspiron_E5570

Solution
Hi @Abid, welcome to Computer Forums!

Opening the laptop in theory shouldn't void the warranty if there are no stickers, but certainly it's possible to find out what disk is currently installed.

The easiest way would be Device Manager and look under Disk Drives, or just go into This PC in Windows Explorer and right click the C drive, select Properties and then click Hardware.

This will give you the make/model of the current disk drive. Usually the drive technology is indicated, e.g NVME, SSD, but if it isn't, just search the model of the disk drive to find out what it is.
Hi @Abid, welcome to Computer Forums!

Opening the laptop in theory shouldn't void the warranty if there are no stickers, but certainly it's possible to find out what disk is currently installed.

The easiest way would be Device Manager and look under Disk Drives, or just go into This PC in Windows Explorer and right click the C drive, select Properties and then click Hardware.

This will give you the make/model of the current disk drive. Usually the drive technology is indicated, e.g NVME, SSD, but if it isn't, just search the model of the disk drive to find out what it is.

Solution
I'll try this method. As my laptop has stickers on its screws.
Thank you so much!

Back