• Computer Forums is where you'll find free PC help, tech support & discussion of technology.

From Windows errors to which smartphone to buy, home automation to internet connections, we're here for you.

Registration is quick, easy and entirely free, and lets you post your computer questions, receive answers from experts and fully take part in our site.

Ready to jump in? Register now

iOS 14

root

Administrator
Staff member
Apple iOS 14 was released this month - have you upgraded yet? It comes with some great features.

I’ve been using it myself and my Apple devices feel a lot snappier, though getting the update to watchOS 7 on my Series 3 Apple watch was a much longer and more fustrating process than I was hoping for!

Philtrum

I held off for the first week or so but have now all of our apple devices (we have a lot!) are running on iOS 14, other than my retired old iPad which is too old.

My experience has been the same as yours - everything mostly feels a lot snappier. A couple of apps I use were having trouble at first but they have been updated by the developer now - Apple have done a great job with this one!

root

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, I have to say I also had a few apps that didn’t play too nicely with the update but these issues have largely gone away. I particularly like the way I can now view my cameras on my Apple TV!

Last edited by a moderator:

Susan

I also held off on not wanting to update for a while but to no avail. Due to me having a very old generation phone i.e ( iPhone SE) the update seems way to heavy for it and I’m finding myself wanting to go back to the previous version of the software. 🤦