Problem loading Windows 10

Spike47

Feb 5, 2021
Hi
Have just purchased a newish Laptop and they wiped the drive clean before sending , so I have to put my own windows 10 on it, made a bootable windows 10 usb from microsoft, it booted ok, but am getting the pop up has per screen shot, never come across this before, anyone have any idea how to work around this .

cheers

SpikeUntitled. fgif.gif

Hi
Have just purchased a newish Laptop and they wiped the drive clean before sending , so I have to put my own windows 10 on it, made a bootable windows 10 usb from microsoft, it booted ok, but am getting the pop up has per screen shot, never come across this before, anyone have any idea how to work around this .

cheers

Spike
{
"error": "It seems like you have encountered a 'Secure Boot' error. You may need to disable Secure Boot in the BIOS settings of your laptop to boot from the Windows 10 USB. Once Secure Boot is disabled, try booting from the USB again. If you need further assistance, feel free to ask."
}

{
"error": "It seems like you have encountered a 'Secure Boot' error. You may need to disable Secure Boot in the BIOS settings of your laptop to boot from the Windows 10 USB. Once Secure Boot is disabled, try booting from the USB again. If you need further assistance, feel free to ask."
}
Thank you will try that and come back, it is booting to the USBn and trying to install windows, there is nothing on the ssd at the moment !.

cheers
Spike

My simple trick with new machines is....
Delete all of the partitions then click Next. Note this will wipe out any recovery patition but if you're installing from a USB, no real issue there.

In my experience, the installer will simply create the partitions you need and carry on which makes life simple!

Back