• Computer Forums is where you'll find free PC help, tech support & discussion of technology.

From Windows errors to which smartphone to buy, home automation to internet connections, we're here for you.

Registration is quick, easy and entirely free, and lets you post your computer questions, receive answers from experts and fully take part in our site.

Ready to jump in? Register now

Touch Pad Problem ( Blue Tooth Keyboard )

Spike47

Hi

I have a Clevo MT760 Laptop, runing Windows 10 x64 the problem I initialy had was the Keyboard went bad, so I purchased a blue tooth Keyboard to use, it works fine, but the problem I have now is that when I connected the bluetooth Keyboard to the Laptop the Touch Pad function went off, as if the bluetooth Keyboard has taken over the Touch Pad function as well ! .
Anyone got any ideas as to the fix ?.

cheers
Spike

Philtrum

Hi Spike,

That’s certainly a weird issue.

It might be worth checking the touchpad settings - some touchpads have a feature to disable the keyboard when typing, it might be disabling the touchpad altogether with the keyboard connected

Easiest way to find the settings is to press Windows + R, type ‘control mouse’ without quotes into the run box and click OK. There will possibly be a Synaptics or ELAN tab here, or underneath the Hardware tab there will be additional options.

Spike47

Hi
Thanks god your reply , it looks like the Bluetooth setting is overriding the on board touch pad setting, there is some settings in the Synaptics app , but nothing to change , like run along with any Bluetooth hardware .

Cheers
Spike

Last edited:

Philtrum

It might not specifically mention Bluetooth, have a look for a setting labelled ‘Palm Check’ or ‘disable touchpad when typing’ as there are various different names for the same thing

Normally it only activates when a key is pressed, but there might be an issue with the keyboard or a driver clash

There’s more info at https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-touchpad-not-working-when-holding-a-keyboard-key/

Have you tried a different keyboard, perhaps a USB one? Does the touchpad start working as soon as the bluetooth keyboard is turned off?