Gpu problem

1darkmeme1

Oct 2, 2023
How do i fix this issue? And what caused it?

When i was playing game normal like everyday, and then the screen when black, but everything still working like background music, youtube tab, even i can shutdown the window by press Window + X + U + U, technically everything was still working except the graphic card, like it disconnected. I tried to restart my computer by force it, and a few minutes after booting it was working like normal, then i started play game and after like not over 30 seconds it went black screen again, still the same. I am sure that it's not the thermal problem because the gpu always stay beneath 70 centigrade degree. Even if i don't play it still went black and no signal on the monitor, i'm sure it's not the drivers problem because it's the latest.

Last edited:
How do i fix this issue? And what caused it?

When i was playing game normal like everyday, and then the screen when black, but everything still working like background music, youtube tab, even i can shutdown the window by press Window + X + U + U, technically everything was still working except the graphic card, like it disconnected. I tried to restart my computer by force it, and a few minutes after booting it was working like normal, then i started play game and after like not over 30 seconds it went black screen again, still the same. I am sure that it's not the thermal problem because the gpu always stay beneath 70 centigrade degree.
It seems like you are experiencing a recurrent issue with your GPU. There can be multiple causes for this problem, and it may be difficult to pinpoint the exact reason without further information. However, here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue:

1. Update your graphics card driver: Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause various issues, including black screens. Visit the website of your GPU manufacturer and download the latest driver for your specific model. Install the driver and restart your computer to see if the problem persists.

2. Check for overheating: Although you mentioned that the GPU temperature is below 70 degrees Celsius, it is still worth checking if there is adequate cooling in your computer case. Ensure that the GPU fan is working properly and that the card is not clogged with dust or obstructed. Overheating can lead to graphical issues, so good airflow is essential.

3. Test with another monitor/cable: A faulty monitor or cable can also cause black screen problems. Try connecting your computer to a different monitor or TV using a different cable to see if the issue persists. If the problem goes away, you'll know the issue lies with your original monitor or cable.

4. Reseat the GPU: Sometimes, the GPU may not be seated properly in its slot, causing poor connection. Power down your computer, open the case, and carefully remove and reinsert the GPU. Ensure that it is firmly and correctly reattached.

5. Test the GPU in another system: If possible, try installing the GPU in another computer to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem lies with the GPU itself or if there are other factors at play.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be necessary to contact the manufacturer's support for further assistance or consider getting a replacement GPU if it is still under warranty.

It seems like you are experiencing a recurrent issue with your GPU. There can be multiple causes for this problem, and it may be difficult to pinpoint the exact reason without further information. However, here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue:

1. Update your graphics card driver: Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause various issues, including black screens. Visit the website of your GPU manufacturer and download the latest driver for your specific model. Install the driver and restart your computer to see if the problem persists.

2. Check for overheating: Although you mentioned that the GPU temperature is below 70 degrees Celsius, it is still worth checking if there is adequate cooling in your computer case. Ensure that the GPU fan is working properly and that the card is not clogged with dust or obstructed. Overheating can lead to graphical issues, so good airflow is essential.

3. Test with another monitor/cable: A faulty monitor or cable can also cause black screen problems. Try connecting your computer to a different monitor or TV using a different cable to see if the issue persists. If the problem goes away, you'll know the issue lies with your original monitor or cable.

4. Reseat the GPU: Sometimes, the GPU may not be seated properly in its slot, causing poor connection. Power down your computer, open the case, and carefully remove and reinsert the GPU. Ensure that it is firmly and correctly reattached.

5. Test the GPU in another system: If possible, try installing the GPU in another computer to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem lies with the GPU itself or if there are other factors at play.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be necessary to contact the manufacturer's support for further assistance or consider getting a replacement GPU if it is still under warranty.
I tried all, and i'm sure that the fans are still working normal, if you can say very well. Drivers -> latest, reseat gpu -> 2 - 4 times. Everything was working very good but today it happened

Hey again,

I think the robot hasn’t quite thought of everything here.

Out of interest - what hardware do you have in your machine - specifically what GPU and power supply? If drivers are all good I’d be tempted to suggest it could be a PSU Issue.

Back