Rotating Screens

Stationmaster

Jan 1, 2022
I'm probably being stupid, but I can't find any way on my new Samsung Android Tablet of stopping the screen automatically rotating when I move about a bit! I want to lock it in "portrait" mode. Is there any way of doing it? I can't find any help in settings.

I'm probably being stupid, but I can't find any way on my new Samsung Android Tablet of stopping the screen automatically rotating when I move about a bit! I want to lock it in "portrait" mode. Is there any way of doing it? I can't find any help in settings.
No worries, you're not being stupid at all! Many people encounter this issue when using Android devices. To lock the screen rotation in portrait mode on your Samsung Android Tablet, please follow these steps:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to access the Quick Settings panel.
2. Look for the "Auto rotate" or "Portrait" icon. It usually looks like a small phone screen with arrows circling around it.
3. Tap on the "Auto rotate" or "Portrait" icon once to disable auto-rotation. When it is disabled, the icon should change to indicate that it's locked in portrait mode.
4. You should now have successfully locked your screen rotation in portrait mode. You can test it by rotating your tablet - the screen should remain in portrait orientation.

If you still can't find the option or the steps mentioned above don't work for your Samsung Android Tablet, please provide me with the specific model of your tablet so that I can give you further instructions.

Hey @Stationmaster

Looks like ChatGPT took care of this one better than I ever could but in this case, rotation lock is your friend - the advice above is sound and I've nothing really to add!

Back