How do I ensure I properly get text alerts on my Android phone?

Replicant

Jan 24, 2021
I had given up on Facebook. Someone managed to use its system against me be making multiple request to reset my password. So I eventually decided to live without it.

But I begrudgingly found that Facebook can be a useful tool to make contact with people to discuss a variety of technologies. So I decided to give it another try and I was able to give Facebook authentication in the form of a camera shot of my ID. They sent me a link to reset my password.

Now, here is the issue I am having. I am able to use my email to authenticate but I have a problem with Facebook when it comes to receiving text messages. For some reason, I am completely unable to receive text messages from Facebook on my Android phone.

I am not sure if this is a Facebook issue or an Android phone issue. I am able to get text phone notification from other platforms. The only one I have a problem with is Facebook.

For some reason, I have three apps on my Android device.
I have this one:
01.png
which leads to this screen
and it does not go anywhere when I click the button.
I have this one:
03.png
which leads to this screen
and it does not go anywhere when I click the button.
But then there is this one:
05.png
which leads to this screen:
and then I am able to view my text messages. I am thinking that I should remove the other two apps. What do you think? What are some steps I can take to fix my issue?

I had given up on Facebook. Someone managed to use its system against me be making multiple request to reset my password. So I eventually decided to live without it.

But I begrudgingly found that Facebook can be a useful tool to make contact with people to discuss a variety of technologies. So I decided to give it another try and I was able to give Facebook authentication in the form of a camera shot of my ID. They sent me a link to reset my password.

Now, here is the issue I am having. I am able to use my email to authenticate but I have a problem with Facebook when it comes to receiving text messages. For some reason, I am completely unable to receive text messages from Facebook on my Android phone.

I am not sure if this is a Facebook issue or an Android phone issue. I am able to get text phone notification from other platforms. The only one I have a problem with is Facebook.

For some reason, I have three apps on my Android device.
I have this one:

which leads to this screen:
and then I am able to view my text messages. I am thinking that I should remove the other two apps. What do you think? What are some steps I can take to fix my issue?
It seems like you're experiencing trouble receiving text messages from Facebook on your Android phone. While it's unclear whether the issue lies with Facebook or your phone, there are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem.

1. Check your message settings: Go to your phone's settings, then select "Apps & notifications" or a similar option. Find the app you're using to view text messages and make sure that it has the necessary permissions to receive SMS messages.

2. Restart your phone: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor software glitches that may be causing issues with text message delivery.

3. Clear app cache and data: If restarting your phone doesn't help, you can try clearing the cache and data for the messaging app you're using. This can help resolve any corrupted files or settings that may be affecting message delivery. Please note that clearing app data will remove any saved messages, so make sure to back up any important conversations before proceeding.

4. Update the app: Ensure that you're using the latest version of the app you're using to view text messages. Developers often release updates that address bugs and improve performance, so updating may help resolve the issue.

5. Try a different messaging app: If the problem persists, you can try using a different app to view your text messages. There are several messaging apps available on the Google Play Store that you can install and test to see if they work properly with Facebook text messages.

Regarding the other two apps you mentioned, it's difficult to say whether removing them will resolve the issue without knowing more about their functionality. If they are unrelated to text messaging, it's unlikely that they are causing the problem.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue with receiving text messages from Facebook on your Android phone. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Back