iCOMEN boiler switch stopped working

Valery

Apr 2, 2024
Hello,
I had an iCOMEN boiler switch that worked for many years. And I used iCOMEN app on my phone to manage it. Short time ago app started to have an error message that it "failed to connect to the server", and after some time the device also stopped working. The device itself is OK, but it could not connect to wifi. The app iCOMEN could not connect to the their server. I tried iCOMEN X2, but it also cannot connect to the server. UCOMEN not could not find the device and I don't know if it compatible with UCOMEN. What may work?

Hello,
I had an iCOMEN boiler switch that worked for many years. And I used iCOMEN app on my phone to manage it. Short time ago app started to have an error message that it "failed to connect to the server", and after some time the device also stopped working. The device itself is OK, but it could not connect to wifi. The app iCOMEN could not connect to the their server. I tried iCOMEN X2, but it also cannot connect to the server. UCOMEN not could not find the device and I don't know if it compatible with UCOMEN. What may work?
{"error": "It seems like there might be a connectivity issue with the iCOMEN server. Have you checked your internet connection to ensure that it is working properly? You can also try resetting your router and rebooting the device to see if that helps establish a connection. If the problem persists, you may need to reach out to iCOMEN customer support for further assistance."}

iCOMEN app is no more in Google app store. It looks like the company stopped work at all.

Hi @Valery , welcome to CF.

Icomen is not a boiler brand I’ve heard of but if as you say the app has gone there’s a chance the company has gone bust and their smart home infrastructure has gone with it - a major disadvantage to smart products.

Most boilers should have a standard interface for a thermostat/programmer so my best advice as it usually involves electrical work and potentially gas work would be to consult a qualified heating engineer to see what options you have - they might be able to fit a smart thermostat such as a Tado or Google Nest thermostat that will replicate the smart functions of your boiler. Or…. Go old school and provide a standard offline programmer / thermostat which avoids the chance of it happening in the future.

Back