Make chrome appear on pc load

banshee

Aug 16, 2023
I run a small warehouse and have set up a PC with a large t.v. to display a dashboard with our orders to go from our ecommerce system.
I have set up a pc to auto login however I have to load up chrome manually and put it full screen whenever it reboots for updates etc
Is there a way to make Chrome come up automatically with the dashboard when the PC is started as this would save hassle when I'm not around to fix the display TV.

I run a small warehouse and have set up a PC with a large t.v. to display a dashboard with our orders to go from our ecommerce system.
I have set up a pc to auto login however I have to load up chrome manually and put it full screen whenever it reboots for updates etc
Is there a way to make Chrome come up automatically with the dashboard when the PC is started as this would save hassle when I'm not around to fix the display TV.
Hey @banshee, welcome to CF.

I'd say you've possibly already cracked the most difficult part which is getting Windows 10 to autologin.
To get Chrome to auto-load at startup, it's actually pretty simple:

1) Create a shortcut to Google Chrome (probably on your desktop)
2) Copy the shortcut to your startup folder. You can open this easily by opening up a normal Windows Explorer window, and typing "shell:startup" into the address bar.

Now, to get Chrome to load in full screen, the easiest thing to do is probably going to be to use Kiosk mode.
1) Right click your shortcut that's in the startup folder.
2) Click properties.
3) In the target box, add at the end "-kiosk https://google.com", without the quotes and where the link to Google is, the full web address of the page you want to display. As an example it should look something like: "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -kiosk Google
4) Log off and log on or reboot the machine to see if it worked.

Kiosk mode locks down Chrome and puts it in full screen. It's not foolproof so it's still worth considering the security of the PC you are using or what it might have access to, but this should achieve what you're looking to do.

Hope this helps - let us know how you get on!

Back