• Computer Forums is where you'll find free PC help, tech support & discussion of technology.

From Windows errors to which smartphone to buy, home automation to internet connections, we're here for you.

Registration is quick, easy and entirely free, and lets you post your computer questions, receive answers from experts and fully take part in our site.

Ready to jump in? Register now

How much do you pay for your internet?

root

Administrator
Staff member
About £68 a month - but that’s for 900meg down and 100 up. Working from home with a couple of others in the house it does come in handy as the low latency gives me a smooth experience making work phone calls over my Amazon remote desktop.

Annoyingly alongside my fibre optic broadband I have to pay separately for a copper phone line that doesn’t even have a phone plugged into it but this is common for everyone in the UK, even the cable provider (there’s only one, Virgin) charge less for broadband if you take it with a phone than without - not sure why as I use my mobile!

Susan

Living the dorm life that i live, I don’t have that much control over my internet speeds and packages but what i do know is that the dorm owner pays about $30/month for a connection speed of 8 Mbps with unlimited downloads.🙌