• Computer Forums is where you'll find free PC help, tech support & discussion of technology.

From Windows errors to which smartphone to buy, home automation to internet connections, we're here for you.

Registration is quick, easy and entirely free, and lets you post your computer questions, receive answers from experts and fully take part in our site.

Ready to jump in? Register now

Windows safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan

How do you enter into windows safe mode. There have been some large amount of of defender notification about something trying to access my files and i would like to know how to isolate and remove it without any harm to my data

Philtrum

I believe that this is done by clicking on the restart option in the power menu while holding shift, then select troubleshoot > advanced options > change startup settings
Then the machine reboots and give you a menu, from memory option 5 is the one you want for safe mode but it should tell you which one to select.

Last edited:

JamesN

If you still not able to do it than you should follows Windows support which you can find on following link:

It seems you might need to enter from BIOS option.

Status
Not open for further replies.