Problem with SEO on WP

Odd

Oct 18, 2021
Hello, I created a fansite for a band for around 8 years ago, and posted and updated it often. Plugin is Yoast SEO, LiteSpeed Cache, Images Seo and some others.

Problem 1) With private/incognito for search all or search image on keyword and similar keyword, there is alot of the websites that has gone before me. Maybe the very end of the pages there is my fansite.

Problem 2) I have eventually found the keyword and similar on the keyword, but unfortunately back to the page list. And then there is no image, no sitelinks, no snippets, no structured data, etc on SERP. What is Yoast SEO doing then?

The other fansite has new website with a few months, and almost top score on google and bing score with page 1 or 2. If I find my fansite, it is still "search engine UNoptimization".

How can I have my own website on page 1 or eventually page 2 og search?, not page 49 ?

There's hundreds of people peddling various plugins and tips for SEO. I have some doubts as to which if any are effective.

The key usually, is lots of fresh content, updated regularly. This site is a good example - we tend to have a little while where we're 'favoured' by the search engines, get a bunch of fresh posts and then get pushed up Google for a few days. It's not an exact science unfortunately but my 'strategy' running various sites over the years has always been to not try too hard, and ensure there's plenty of decent content.

Ok, is it possible to have a better SEO on removing all of the warnings on Google Search Console ? And how can I remove the warnings?

• Page with redirect
  • Excluded by ‘noindex’ tag
  • Duplicate without user-selected canonical
  • Not found (404)
    • I have removed or renamed i.e. /guest-book to /guestbook
  • Alternate page with proper canonical tag
  • Blocked due to access forbidden (403)
    • have not blocked access to all of them
  • Crawled - currently not indexed
  • Server error (5xx)
    • all the "search /?s=the band" works, but not this "/?s=the%20band%20GREEN%20T-SHIRT%20SIZE%20MEDIUM%20100%%20COTTON%20YAZBEK%20BRAND"
  • Soft 404
    • the "search /?s=bla bla virus blabla injection bla"
  • Duplicate, Google chose different canonical than user
  • Google could not determine the prominent video on the page
  • Video not found on host service
  • Video not processed

It might potentially be worth stripping out the SEO plugins altogether, at least temporarily, and re-running the checks. The 404s shouldn't be a huge issue, ideally there would be a redirect in place for any URLs you have changed but ultimately they will get removed from the search index.

Back