Single click data transfer

Colm

Jul 18, 2022
I want to transfer words and phrases in a single click (ideally) from one pages into a word document. Is there a program or technique to help me achieve this? I can visualise what I want, but can't find or explain it! Any help or suggestion on where to begin appreciated

Unless your definition of single-click is different than my definition of single-click, I don't see how this could be possible.

Think about what steps it would take to transfer a word from one document to another. You need to select the word in the 1st document, then switch to the 2nd document and then (at minimum) click on the place where you want that word to be transferred to.

The quickest way I know to accomplish what you want to do is using keyboard shortcuts to cut and paste from one document to another.

I imagine the specific words and phrases that I wish to use are "pre set" and highlighted on doc 1 and somehow transferred with a click once I chose the term I wish to use

Is this to copy words and phrases from a website or various documents, or predefined phrases?

If it's the former it will likely be a case of selecting what you want to copy then using Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V.

If it's predefined phrases, then your best bet will be setting your own AutoCorrect shortcuts.

For example you can define 'Weather largely fine and dry' as 'wfd' and it will automatically turn the letters wfd into the defined sentance.

This is how things were set in the software I used to support when I worked for a call centre - believe me if there was a faster way to do things than this they would have found it as they managed people's time down to the last second.

There's a Youtube tutorial on using this feature here. It's for an older version of Word but should still apply:

Thanks root, my tech talk is below par
I hope to build predefined phrases (the same ones I use over and over in nursing) they are small so copy/paste is cumbersome (I am a poor typer but I can type faster than copy pasting) I want to populate a pages and single click transfer from that pages to a word doc

I think potentially you could use macros to achieve this but that’s pretty advanced stuff. Otherwise it will be a case of using the custom autocorrect dictionary to define short strings of letters into a fuller phrase or sentence.

Did you manage to load the YouTube link I posted earlier - this functionality I think will be the best option to help speed up typing commonly used phrases

Cheers root, I had a look, a great idea but not really what I'm in need of, I will keep searching, when I find an example of what I need, I will post again

Cheers root, I had a look, a great idea but not really what I'm in need of, I will keep searching, when I find an example of what I need, I will post again
I tried to make an example of what I want to see ( couldn't get that right either) 🙃

Kinda like this idea

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220723-171426_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-171426_Gmail.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220723-171437_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-171437_Gmail.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 3
One alternative might be to try and find some dedicated software to do this.

There's a list here of 9 programmes - I can't vouch for any of these as I've not used them myself but you might find the right tool for you. Most are free, some are paid.

Cheers root, I have had a look and there are a few ideas here that I will be trying, phrase express looks promising, thank you for your time in this matter :)
Colm

LOL spent the day mucking around with phaseexpress root, now I have more questions than answers haha, but it looks great!!

Back